Welcome to Defending Conservatism
The Defending Conservatism Institute exists to present Biblical Christian conservatism for what it is, a thoroughly defensible, logical, and accurate representation of what any moral person should realize – that inalienable rights come, as the Declaration of Independence states, from the Creator. As Jefferson further points out in his famous legislation the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom, “Whereas, Almighty God hath created the mind free, that all attempts to influence it by temporal punishments or burthens… are a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, who being Lord, both of body and mind yet chose not to propagate it by coercions on either, as was in his Almighty power to do.“
James Madison, the primary author of the Constitution, similarly states in his legislation on the subject of religious freedom, Memorial and Remonstrance Against Religious Assessments, that “It is the duty of every man to render to the Creator such homage and such only as he believes to be acceptable to him. This duty is precedent, both in order of time and in degree of obligation, to the claims of Civil Society. Before any man can be considered as a member of Civil Society, he must be considered as a subject of the Governour of the Universe.”
Religious freedom as a principle is rooted in Biblical Christianity, for a respect for other’s right to believe as they wish proceeds out of a recognition that the Creator freely gives inalienable rights to people, per the Declaration of Independence, and that therefore others have no right to infringe upon rights the Creator Himself has granted to us. For that reason, religious freedom originated not from secular governments, but from Christian theocracies such as William Penn’s Province of Pennsylvania (1682) and Roger Williams’ Colony of Rhode Island (1636). Modern claims that America did not begin as a Christian nation are ludicrous in light of the fact that 8 of the original 13 states required public officials to be Christians.
Defending Conservatism is the greatest defense of conservatism ever presented in literary form, and clearly establishes civil rights and economic progress as indelibly linked to conservative principles. By using undeniable arguments from history, science, and law, pro-life and pro-marriage positions are established, even as groundbreaking new solutions for advancing the United States are presented for the first time ever.
Encyclopedic in scope, ‘Defending Conservatism contains over 1,000 hyperlinked source citations, and its twenty-six chapters broadly cover every aspect of today’s political debate, including ten chapters devoted solely to contributing proactive conservative solutions. Liberal myths are utterly debunked, such as the false notion that separation of church and state was intended to keep mention of God and Christian beliefs out of government.
Groundbreaking New Reforms
The Defending Conservatism Institute presents dozens of groundbreaking new reforms, real solutions to real problems, many for the first time. A sampling of the reforms include:
- Judicial Reform: A modern judiciary act is sorely needed, as the judiciary has begun the decline to tyranny which Thomas Jefferson predicted when he warned “That to suffer the civil magistrate to intrude his powers into the field of opinion and to restrain the profession or propagation of principles on supposition of their ill tendency is a dangerous fallacy which at once destroys all religious liberty because he being of course judge of that tendency will make his opinions the rule of judgment and approve or condemn the sentiments of others only as they shall square with or differ from his own.” Such a judiciary act should implement term limits on federal judges and Supreme Court Justices, requiring them to be reappointed by the President every 8 years in order to retain their positions. It should also specifically enumerate what fundamental Creator-given rights exist (to life, religious freedom, bear arms, trial by jury, a speedy public trial in criminal cases, a fair trial, and fair imprisonment), restore an emphasis on jury decisions instead of those by judges per the 6th Amendment, remove immunity for public officials to the extent allowed under Article 1, Sec. 6 of the U.S. Constitution, and eliminate plea bargaining.
- Land Reform: The District of Columbia should be federalized and taken back under federal control as was historically the case prior to the 1973 District of Columbia Home Rule Act. Given the widespread corruption which has been transpiring in D.C., the mayor and heads of transit, police, shelters, etc. should be federally appointed, either by the President or by Congress. Since elections were instituted in D.C., the Democrats have taken control of the District and are misusing federal funds while creating record levels of homelessness. Shelters intended for the homeless are being used instead to house Democrat protesters even as the rest of the District’s poor are abused in an attempt to force them out of the region. Furthermore, the rich are hoarding land across the country so that 90% of Americans live on just 18% of the land, in violation of the 1890 Sherman Antitrust Act. This is due in part to onerous zoning laws and HOAs/POAs which prevent all but the wealthy from purchasing land, even as counties require new construction be done by a few private contractors who give kickbacks to the counties. To resolve the problem, I recommend that landowners with more than 100 acres should be required to sell any of their undeveloped land to anyone who does not own land for $1,000 an acre, and all landowners with more than 1,000 acres should be required to sell undeveloped land to those who do not have land for $500 an acre; ‘undeveloped’ being defined as land which lacks building improvements. HOAs and POAs should be banned, and Congress should take control of the situation by standardizing zoning laws (including building requirements) nationwide. States which have mismanaged federal rest areas along highways by preventing overnight rest there, should have said rest areas federalized, taken under federal jurisdiction, to prevent further mismanagement.
- Tax Reform: The individual income tax should be simplified, following a study to determine what 10-15 questions best determine overall wealth, with all other questions then eliminated. The corporate income tax should be simplified so that all tax breaks are eliminated aside from a tax break to companies who hire more U.S. workers in relation to company earnings. This would combat the effects of automation and encourage employers to hire maximally. All taxes on interstate commerce should be prohibited except those necessary to support the state inspection process per Article 1, Sec. 9. All previous workers in the IRS from the Obama era should be fired, given the IRS’ widespread corruption during that time period, and the IRS should be required to issue explanations from now on for why tax returns or tax-exempt status is delayed. The Sixth Amendment to the Constitution requires a speedy public trial for the accused, yet the IRS can audit taxpayers without any trial process.
- Trade Reform: Trade embargoes should be used against low-minimum wage countries (those with minimum wages below $4.00/hour in international dollars) with whom the U.S. has over $1 billion in annual imports, to stop countries like China from parasiting off the U.S. to empower communist, fascist dictatorships. The nature of a global free market results in the U.S.’ higher minimum wage working against it, as global megacorps send jobs overseas to low minimum wage countries where labor is cheaper. The largest expense for such companies is typically payroll, so the easiest way to increase profits, meet stockholder expectations, and free up money for CEO salaries is to reduce worker pay. On the other hand, a company which refuses to outsource runs the risk that their competitors will do so, so that they will be at a competitive disadvantage. The global free market results in a race to the bottom, driving down worker wages worldwide and rewarding immoral Communist countries such as China which use low minimum wages to attract foreign investment capital. The U.S. is running a $300 billion annual trade deficit with China every year, and the goods made in China are made by workers paid 1/10th that of their U.S. counterparts. Unrestricted free trade harms the U.S., harms workers worldwide resulting in lower wages everywhere, harms democracy, and results in a global income disparity as the rich get ever richer and the poor get poorer.
Political Issues and Analysis
The Defending Conservatism Institute definitively establishes civil rights and economic progress as indelibly linked to the Republican Party and conservative principles.
- Civil Rights: Republicans voted in higher percentages for the 13th, 14th, 15th, and 19th Amendments, the 1957, 1960, and 1964 Civil Rights Acts, the 1965 Voting Rights Act, and the most recent example of civil rights legislation, the 2002 Born Alive Infant Protection Act.
- Economic Progress: Republican states have better employment, income equality, and debt than Democrat states. Debt, deficits, employment, income equality, and median incomes have all done better when Republicans run Congress.
- Abortion: There should be no right or choice to deprive another person of their inalienable God-given right to life, which is why the issue is when life begins, for one’s right to throw a punch should stop where another’s nose begins, and there is no recognizable right to murder another person in the privacy of one’s home or one’s body. According to a Washington Post poll, 71% of women support the GOP 20-week abortion ban, and 3 other polls similarly show that women are more supportive of abortion restriction than men. Sex-selective abortion results in the greatest evils against women in the world today, with 200 million missing women in Asia resulting in massive sex-trafficking in the Asian region. Planned Parenthood receives $400 million of taxpayer funding annually, yet still sells baby parts to biotech companies, so taxpayers who disagree with their money being used to fund murder have every right to speak out against such immoral destruction of human life.
- Homosexuality: Although commonly asserted as genetic, Gallup polling shows that those aged 18-29 are over three times more likely to identify as LGBT than those 65 and older. Furthermore, there is noticeable regional variation as well. If homosexuality were genetic, there should not be so much variation by both age and region, which suggests that the lifestyle is the result of cultural trends, not genetic. The LGBT community actively attacks Christians who do not want to participate in the anti-Biblical lifestyle, such as Air Force Colonel Leland Bohannon who was recently exonerated by the Air Force after he was punished for refusing to sign a certificate of spouse appreciation for a retiring master sergeant’s same-sex spouse. The Supreme Court case, Obergefell v. Hodges, which legalized gay marriage nationwide did so by overturning 30 ballot referendum laws defining marriage as between a man and a woman passed through popular vote. As such, the LGBT community is actively opposing the democratic will of the American people and advocates tyranny.
A new membership section is currently under development. Stay tuned! Features such as petitions and legislation design/voting will be added to create a social media site where members can collaborate in producing political change.
The basic framework has been created and will be enlarged upon in the coming months. The membership section has recently been updated to allow anyone to join.